Thursday, February 15, 2007



A Loving Family, A New Baby, and a Digital Scrapbook!

By Heather P.


An Inspiring Story from a Special Scrapbook MAX! Scrapper

Heather P. and family

Picture this: you’re 22, pregnant, and stuck in the hospital. That’s where I was 8 years ago when I was handed my first pair of fancy-edged scissors, a heap of paper, and some stickers. Ah, those were the days when I had time to sit and painstakingly prepare pictures, hand-selected with the love and attention of a mother who had nothing better to do. Then reality hit. Hard.

4 months after our daughter was born (and I was set free from the hospital), I had a hysterectomy. Clearly, it was a busy year. Somehow time sped up and now here we are 7 years later, and my pictures are still in boxes waiting for me to pretty them up and put them in carefully-stickered albums. This is not happening.

This is the part of the story where Scrapbook MAX! becomes a hero. One year ago, my husband and I decided we were still young and cool. So, rather than have a mid-life crisis and buy a car, we decided to adopt a baby. (Note: if you are an adoptive parent, skip a few lines.) Adoption is a paperwork nightmare. At our first meeting, I already had a stack of papers an inch thick. The words from our consultant started swimming in my ears and nothing made sense. Social workers were coming to make sure our marriage, home, and even our dog was safe for a baby. And then they said we needed to create a profile.

A profile... what? Of course, being a paper scrapbooker from way back, I got out my scissors and went to town. I proceeded to work for three straight days. When I looked at my work and thought it was gorgeous, I ran to Kinko’s and Xeroxed it in color several times, and sent the Perfect Profile to the agency. The agency, upon receipt of the aforementioned Perfect Profile, told me they wouldn’t use it because it’s wasn’t digital.

Enter Scrapbook MAX!. While searching the internet for something to assist me in becoming digitally more intelligent than I already was (which was somewhere beneath the level of my daughter), I stumbled upon Scrapbook MAX!. And that was the best day ever! I downloaded, I embellished, I laughed with joy upon my new discovery. And I submitted my digital masterpiece to the agency. After twelve edits, they accepted The Masterpiece.



Pages from Heather's digital family profile


That was August 5. Copies were made and sent out to agencies across the United States. Calls began to come in. Mothers were asking us questions. And finally, one picked us. However, on October 2, we ended up parting ways with her. That was the day of my 30th birthday. I was devastated. I wanted a baby for my birthday. My husband bought me a diaper bag for my birthday (a really nice Coach one at that). As we returned from dinner, I sat in the “baby’s” room with my best friend crying. After about 15 minutes, my husband joined us to ask if I wanted a baby. That was a Monday, and on Friday, we had a baby! And without Scrapbook MAX! we would never have him.

But the story doesn’t end there! I use this product all the time. I don’t scrapbook per se with it, but I use it for other projects. It has provided our Christmas card, our baby’s birth announcement, and his “Save the Date” announcement for his upcoming finalization. I may never get to that box of pictures I need to scrapbook, and I may never get to scrapbook my digital pictures either, but I thank Scrapbook MAX! and God every time I look into my little baby boy’s face!


Jackson Brian's Baby Announcement

Congratulations to Heather and family on the arrival of Jackson Brian! Scrapbook MAX! is thrilled to have played a role in your inspirational family story. We wish you all the best.

No comments: